Principal Objective: Under the general direction of the owners, and working with the management operations team (which includes a second Regional Property Director as well as marketing, operations and advertising professionals), the Regional Property Director manages half the Multi-Family Division by effectively utilizing all available personnel and other resources for the preservation of the real estate assets and enhancement of the owners’ investments through consistent application of prudent management practices.
- Provides professional property management to enhance the properties as real estate investments.
- Supervises 10 to 12 Community Directors (and their property staffs) with responsibility for their hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, and demotion.
- Promotes the welfare of Multi-Family Division employees.
- Promotes fair treatment of residents and resident applicants by taking measures to protect them from discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability or the presence of children.
- Maintains professional standards for Multi-Family Division employees.
- Responds to Internal Dispute Resolution complaints and responds to resident complaints that are not resolved on site.
- Oversee the preparation and approval process of property operating budgets
- Monthly review of operating statements.
- Plans, schedules and controls expenses for the properties.
- Ensures that standards of competence and adherence to all state and federal laws are mandated and followed.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the portfolio.
CONTACTS AND LIASONS: This position comes in contact with senior management, company owners, corporate operations team members, major vendors and the staff members at the asset properties.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in business administration, finance, accounting, or real estate
- Industry accreditations preferred (CPM, CAPS, CCIM, etc.)
- Certified Property Manager
- 10+ years in real estate industry and 3+ years regional management experience.
- Computer literacy sufficient to operate spreadsheet and word processing applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of property management software (OneSite, Yardi, ResMan etc.)
- Ability to work with financial concepts and perform financial analysis
Ability to prioritize and handle accurately multiple complex responsibilities; decisiveness; excellent oral/written communication skills; ability to walk large community properties/stairs; foresight and initiative; ability to understand, perform and explain complex property and personnel management functions; ability to work extended hours as required; excellent leadership and management skills; moral courage.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, continuing education opportunities and advancement options.