Under the general direction of the Director of Operations, the Marketing and Social Media Specialist manages the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the company by developing, establishing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet company objectives.
Corporate Marketing Responsibilities:
- Develops a strong understanding of company’s products and services
- Creates and executes a strategic portfolio-wide marketing plan
- Develops detailed marketing plans for onsite staff to implement
- Maintains understanding of property availability to determine marketing strategy
- Assists in preparing marketing budget and tracks variances within the budget
- Analyzes current marketing procedures and improves overall marketing operations
- Approves sponsorships, partnerships, or donations for marketing related activities while communicating with insurance on compliance with liability requirements
- Implements creative marketing tactics and strategies across the portfolio
- Prepares and distributes monthly emails with marketing strategies and programs
- Monitors social media presence and activity. Manages Facebook Business Manager Account. Trains new hires on social media etiquette, expectations and associated programs such as SOCi and Canva.
- Reviews and assists in content creation for monthly community newsletters
- Reviews monthly marketing calendars and provides feedback, edits, and ideas.
- Advises regional managers on tailored marketing tactics and assist in implementation if requested
- Consistently communicates with property managers and on-site staff
- Performs market research (in both current and potential new markets), analyzes results and provides corporate reports
- Plans and/or assists in coordinating special events at the corporate office
- Consistently communicates with property managers and staff
- Provides creative ideas, monitors, and provides feedback for resident events
- Prepares marketing materials and coordinates large special events across the portfolio
- Directs marketing to prospects and current residents
- Creates and circulates resident surveys to further enhance resident experience
- Travels to communities, analyzes strengths and deficiencies and creates comprehensive reports on findings to regional managers
Assisting with portfolio wide changes in advertising as well as understanding of changes in operations on site.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing; experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies; technical marketing skills; proven experience in customer and market research; relevant product and industry knowledge; experience with relevant software applications.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; formal presentation skills; organization and planning ability; strategic thinking; problem analysis and problem solving; leadership; persuasiveness; adaptability; creativity; judgment; decisiveness.