Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, Assistant Community Director and Community Director, keeps the grounds of the property in an attractive condition in order to enhance and maintain curb appeal by ensuring the property grounds are clean and free of debris.
- Checks and replaces exterior lighting when necessary
- If certified for pool maintenance, cleans and maintains pool as directed
- Physically walks the property on a frequent basis and removes litter, debris, and pet droppings from the grounds.
- Performs “trash out” duties in vacated apartments. Assists in removing all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes, etc. Transfers it to dumpster or storage area, as applicable.
- Transfers trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster. Pick up and sweep areas.
- Uses blower to keep sidewalks, breezeways and walking areas free of loose grass and brush.
- Assists with “make-ready” duties and performs routine maintenance duties on property as requested by the Community Director and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs miscellaneous grounds keeping tasks as directed, e.g., tearing down fences, digging post holes, carrying abandoned furniture, etc.
- Helps clean and maintain storage areas.
- Performs interior and exterior painting duties when requested. Carries buckets of paint from storage to worksite.
- Completes minor routine service requests when required by management or maintenance.
- Changes locks and makes keys when requested.
- Distributes resident communications to residents; e.g., upcoming events, pest control notices, newsletters, etc,
- Performs work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
- Keeps the grounds neat and free of litter; rakes, sweeps and shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Regular and prompt attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Community Director.
Able to work independently; willingness to learn; working knowledge of building maintenance; ability to lift up to 25 pounds; ability to effectively communicate with residents, employees and prospects; ability to think logically and follow standardized procedures; ability to get along well with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Previous related experience and/or training
- Positive attitude
- Enthusiasm and stamina
- Problem solving ability
- Common sense
- Neat appearance
- Good communicative skills
Job Type: Part-Time / Full-Time
- High school or equivalent
This position is available for:
Crowne at Briargate
9170 Crowne Springs View
Colorado Springs, CO 80924
Crowne at Old Town North
1044 Jerome Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524