COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIRED
Company requires employees in this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state, and local laws.
TITLE: Construction Bookkeeper
Under the general direction of the Construction Bookkeeping Manager, the Construction Bookkeeper provides comprehensive, timely and accurate bookkeeping, reporting, and documentation for multiple projects.
- Ability to learn and work in accounting software (Profit Builder, JONAS Premiere)
- Enter invoices and pay applications in the accounting software in a timely manner
- Prepare documents for bank draws
- Print and distribute checks
- Adhere to strict deadlines
- Bank Reconciliations
- Maintain records regarding Notice to Owners, Retainage, and Lien waivers
- Prepare 1099 reports
- Make budget changes
- Understanding of credits & debits, job costs, trial balance, general ledger
- Elicit approvals on invoices from the field team
- Creating and managing spreadsheets
- Year-End reporting
- Manage tasks and cross-communicate using a task management program
- Careful documentation of errors and exceptions
- Construction Administrative Office Duties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Create spreadsheets showing building breakdowns by unit type, square footage, addresses, floor, etc.
- Understand and maintain certificates of insurance documentation, which includes working with subcontractors and insurance providers as needed
- Help set up utilities for new properties
- Scan and copy necessary paperwork
- Serve as a back-up to answer phones
- Maintain construction files electronically and on paper
- Create labels for all new files
- Shipping urgent documents via FEDEX
- Credit Cards
- Manage credit card receipts & records for the construction team
- Organize receipts and flag transactions for review
- Copy and file statements for each job
- Audit credit card statements to ensure billing to the correct property
- Coordinate authorization of approvals
- Check references to make final recommendation on potential subs
- Take phone calls and send blueprint plans to potential subcontractors
- Discuss pay applications, schedules of values, and other required documentation with subcontractors.
- Investor Letters
- Assist with preparing and mailing investor letters
- Confidentiality and attention to detail are required
- Assist Project Manager and the construction team on any other tasks that they need assistance with.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
5 years’ experience bookkeeping required; construction bookkeeping experience preferred;
Experience with JONAS/JONAS Premiere, Timberline, SAGE, Profit Builder preferred
Developing standards; dealing with complexity; reporting research results; basic math and data entry skills including knowledge of spreadsheets and bookkeeping software; effective organizational skills and time management; attention to detail and accuracy; effective verbal, written and listening communication skills; analytical and problem solving skills; confidentiality; honesty; trustworthiness; respectfulness; flexibility; sound work ethic.
Ability to sit in a chair within an office and be able to talk on a telephone, write, work on a computer, type, walk about a 5,000 square foot office, pick up and carry files and small boxes and work a 10-key adding machine.